Frequently Asked Questions

Answer all of your questions

Registrations & Enrollments

The Academy course fees are sensible in comparison with the private sector institutions. Bursaries are available for NC(V) and Report 191 (NATED) students through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), a statutory body
A Student Support Service is an integral part of The Academy at our various campuses. Student Support also assists with counseling, academic development, health and social issues.
Yes. There is a discount available if you enrol for more than one course simultaneously. Feel free to contact The Academy for a quote.
The entrance criteria depend on the course for which one applies. The entrance requirement for NC(V) (National Certificate Vocational) and N1 courses is a pass in Grade 9. However, some other courses, e.g. N4 – N6 require a Grade 12 pass for admission. If one does not have a Grade 9, there are skills courses to be considered. Alternatively, one may have to attend an adult learning centre to complete ABET Level 1 before registering for a National Certificate course. Contact The Academy nearest campus for further advice.


With The Academy Certificate or Diploma, you will have gained valuable knowledge or new skills, a sound training in your subject, or an improvement in your career potential. The Academy will, on request, issue you with a progress report as you complete each subject, valuable proof of your satisfactory progress.
We will, on request, supply you with a transcript of your academic record, showing the individual subjects you have studied in your course and the grades achieved. You needn't have completed your course to ask for this.
Each course has an assessment strategy. This means that your course has an acceptable form of assessment that suits that specific field of study. In many cases, it means that you write exams. In some cases, you complete a portfolio of evidence. Thus, the form of assessment differs from course to course.
If, for some reason, you cannot finish your course in the allocated study period, you have the option of extending your study period by at least six months. This will allow you to complete your course. A course extension fee will apply. Please contact a Student Advisor for more details.

Didn't find the answer?